About this event
Are you thinking of becoming a registered charity? Are you uncertain about if and how you can register? Wondering what the process looks like?
If so, join us for a FREE special edition webinar in partnership with the charities regulator, the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC).
The ACNC will cover:
- Why register as a charity?
- Who is eligible to become a charity?
- How to register?
- Top tips on ensuring a smooth application process - and how to avoid follow-up enquiries with the ACNC
- 75-minutes of plain-language training
- An opportunity to ask questions of the presenter.
- A copy of webinar recording and slide presentation (recording available for 30 days)
- Information on further resources and support
Who should attend:
- Board members and staff of any not-for-profit interested in applying for charity status.
- Not-for-profits may be prompted to register as a charity because of recent changes to the requirements for not-for-profits that self-assess as income tax exempt. If so, this webinar is for you.
In this role, Vladimir provides technical advice to internal and external stakeholders on various complex charity entitlement matters, as well as contributing to important strategic and policy initiatives. Prior to the current appointment, he has worked in various positions at the ACNC, including acting Senior Manager, Team Leader and Law Interpretation Analyst.
In the past, Vladimir has worked in a variety of roles with the Australian Taxation Office and the State Revenue Office, Victoria.
Vladimir has a passion for the charity and not-for-profit sector, having previously worked for a charity and being involved with various not-for-profit organisations as a volunteer and a board member.
In this role, Gulnaar uses her extensive education and service delivery background to create educational materials for the charity sector.
Before joining the ACNC, Gulnaar has had a diverse career, working in various capacities within the public and private sectors, including the Australian Taxation Office.
Her tenure at the ACNC has helped Gulnaar develop a comprehensive understanding of the charity sector in Australia and a deep appreciation for the individuals and groups involved.
Receive the webinar recording and slides 1-2 hours after you register.
This webinar was delivered on 3 October 2023.
If you are having trouble registering please get in touch at email@example.com or call 02 8599 2126.