Not-for-profit Financial Literacy 101
About this event
Understanding not for profit financial reporting is key to good decision making and complying with your overarching legal duties.
In this practical webinar, we are lucky to be joined by Carol Tran from Accounting for Good, who will break down the ‘accountancy speak’, provide clarity, and empower your board and staff to understand your not-for-profit's financial reports.
Accounting for Good will cover:
- Directors' financial responsibilities
- Recent updates to financial reporting and disclosure requirements
- An overview of cash vs accrual accounting
- Top tips for reading financial reports, including profit & loss reports, balance sheets & cash flow statements
- The importance of internal controls, checks and balances
- 75-minutes of plain-language training
- An opportunity to ask questions of the presenter.
- Copy of webinar recording and slide presentation (recording available for 30 days)
- Information on further resources and support
Who should attend:
- Board members of not-for-profit organisations, and staff with responsibility for financial reporting, budgets and compliance.