How to Draft a Volunteer Agreement
About this event
A good volunteer agreement will ensure your volunteers are clear about their role, rights and responsibilities. It will help establish and maintain effective relationships with your volunteers and keep everyone safe.
Whether you’re looking for an update on current best practice for volunteer agreements, tips for reviewing existing agreements, or guidance on starting from scratch, we’re here to help. We’ll explain the legal issues you can manage and avoid by using a volunteer agreement, and will walk you through some of the key topics your agreement should cover. You’ll walk away with our recently updated template volunteer agreement – to save you time getting the result you need.
- Key reasons for using a volunteer agreement
- What to include in a volunteer agreement
- The importance of role descriptions
- Why you might use a ‘deed’
- How to use our template volunteer agreement
- 75 minutes of plain-language training from a lawyer
- Copy of webinar recording (available for 30 days) and slide presentation
- Information on further resources and support
Who should attend:
- Volunteer managers, other executives and board members of not-for-profit organisations