About this event
Whether you’re a new board member or you’ve been doing it for a while, there’s always more to learn. What does it mean to be a board member? What are your key legal responsibilities? When are you personally responsible if things go wrong and what protections are available?
In our popular Board Inductions webinar, we’ll help answer these questions and give you the foundations you need for good governance.
- What is the role of a board member?
- What are the main legal duties of board members?
- Why your organisation’s legal status, rules and legal purpose are important?
- Understanding potential liability and protections for board members
- Key steps in the board induction process
- 75 minutes of plain-language training from a lawyer
- Copy of webinar recording and slide presentation (recording available for 30 days)
- Information on further resources and support
Who should attend:
New board members, experienced board members who are looking for a refresher, and senior staff.
Date and time
Tuesday, 12 July 2022
12.45 pm - 2 pm AEST
Can't attend on the day? Register and you'll receive the recording and slide handout so you can catch up whenever suits you.
Online via Zoom
Once you register, you will receive the Zoom link via email. Occasionally the Zoom confirmation emails can be prevented by an organisational firewall. If you haven't received the Zoom link within 1-2 days of registering please check your spam folder, contact us, or troubleshoot further.
If you are having trouble registering please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 8593 4799.