About this training session
Now more than ever, organisations need to understand their legal obligations and have sound risk management processes in place when it comes to volunteers.
In this practical training session for volunteer-involving organisations, we’ll cover the legal basics around your safety obligations, how to manage risk and important things to note about insurance.
You'll learn about:
- Why safety is so important
- The ‘duty of care’ your organisation owes its volunteers
- Legal responsibility for the actions of volunteers
- Work health and safety duties
- Child safety requirements
- Risk management processes
- Volunteer insurance
- Top tips and additional resources to help you in the future
Who should attend
Volunteer managers and staff who engage with volunteers/boards and committee members should attend this session.
Who runs the session?
Your training will be run by one of our lawyers, who all specialise in charity and not-for-profit law.
How is this session delivered?
Our interactive sessions are currently delivered online. Each session includes time for activities and questions, and a short break. Face to face training is being considered on a case by case basis.
What is the cost?
Not-for-profit Organisations: From $1,930
Council/Government: From $2,200
These are baseline costs only. Additional costs for significantly customised content, travel or sessions outside of business hours may apply.
How long is the session?
How many people can attend?
30. If you think your group will exceed 30 participants, please let us know.