Governing a Not-for-profit Organisation
About this training session
Join the upcoming session where a lawyer from Justice Connect will unpack the A-Z of governance and make sure you are fully aware of your legal obligation as a board or committee member. Whether you’re a new board/committee member or you’ve been doing it for a while, there is always more to learn about your legal responsibilities.
You'll learn about:
- Legal roles of committee/board members as decision makers
- Differences between governance and management
- Legal structure and status of your organisation
- Importance of rules and legal purpose or objects
- Four key legal duties of committee/board members
- Potential liabilities, protecting yourself and your organisation
- Other relevant laws and additional resources
Who runs the session?
Your training will be run by one of our experienced lawyers, who all specialise in charity and not-for-profit law. Our lawyers run interactive sessions, in plain language – with no legal jargon.
24 November, 11am - 2.30pm
This session will be run in person at Churchill Neighbourhood Centre, Gippsland. We’ll send you all the details when you register.