About this training session
Thinking about setting up a not-for-profit organisation but not sure where to start? Let us help point you in the right direction.
Developed based on the questions we get asked most regularly by new not-for-profits, this training session is a comprehensive guide to understanding the legal requirements of setting up and getting started.
We’ll take you through how to set up and register your organisation, which legal structure is best for you, whether you should incorporate, and much more.
You'll learn about:
- What is a not-for-profit organisation?
- The incorporation decision
- Legal structures available
- Becoming an incorporated association
- Running an incorporated association
- Charity status and tax concessions
- Top tips for starting out and additional resources to help with the process
Who should attend
Groups who are thinking about starting up or getting involved in a not-for-profit organisation should attend this session.
Who runs the session?
Your training will be run by one of our lawyers, who all specialise in charity and not-for-profit law.
How is this session delivered?
Our interactive sessions are currently delivered online. Face to face training is being considered on a case by case basis. Each session includes time for activities and questions, and a short break.
What is the cost?
Contact us to have a chat about our current pricing.
How long is the session?
How many people can attend?
30. If you think your group will exceed 30 participants, please let us know.