What are the benefits?
As a specialist legal service for not-for-profit organisations, we know how difficult it can be for organisations to create and maintain good governance frameworks. We also know that by embedding good governance practices, your organisation can focus on delivering more vital services to the community.
By providing you with one-on-one support from one of our in-house lawyers, we will help your organisation and board:
- stay on top of legal and governance obligations
- manage risk and embed good governance practices
- improve skills, knowledge and confidence to identify and deal with legal issues, and
- avoid penalties
Is your organisation eligible?
If you are a not-for-profit organisation or Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation delivering services in New South Wales, you may be eligible for free legal advice if you:
- are small-to-medium-sized with a revenue of under $5 million, and
- deliver services to people in the health and social services sector in NSW.
What is the process?
Register now to see if your organisation is eligible for a Governance Health Check.
If your organisation is eligible, we will send you a link to a 40-minute Governance Health Check questionnaire for you to fill out.
We will contact you to provide tailored governance legal advice and recommendations.
Social Sector Transformation Fund
We welcome the support of the NSW Government's funding investment for the social services sector. Justice Connect's Not-for-profit Law program received vital funding to deliver a range of legal services for NSW community organisations to help board members, staff and volunteers understand the law, prevent legal problems and increase efficiency.
Find out more about the Social Sector Transformation Fund and how our partners may be able to further support your organisation with:
- Digital and information technology
- Governance and strategy
- Leadership and workforce planning
- Service delivery evaluation, and
- Service coordination