On this page
Federal discrimination laws
In Australia, discrimination laws exist at both federal, and state and territory level.
At a federal level, the Australian Human Rights Commission (AHRC) administers the following laws:
- Age Discrimination Act 2004
- Australian Human Rights Commission Act 1986
- Disability Discrimination Act 1992
- Racial Discrimination Act 1975
- Sex Discrimination Act 1984
The AHRC can investigate and conciliate complaints of discrimination under these laws.
State-based discrimination laws
Select the state or territory where your organisation is based.
The content on this webpage was last updated in May 2023 and is not legal advice. See full disclaimer and copyright notice.