About this event
The constitution (or ‘rules’) of a not-for-profit are a vital part of a well-governed organisation. It is also a legal requirement that an organisation and its members follow these rules. In this webinar we’ll guide you through the importance of this governing document and use cases and examples to illustrate the key topics you’ll find in constitutions.
- The legal status of the constitution
- Key topics that not-for-profit constitutions address
- Practical tips for understanding and changing your constitution
- Additional resources to help in the future
- 75 minutes of plain-language training from a lawyer
- Copy of webinar recording and slide presentation (recording available for 30 days)
- Information on further resources and support
Who should attend:
Staff, committee members and volunteers of not-for-profit organisations who are looking to learn more about their constitution or are creating a constitution.
Date and time
Thursday, 20 October 2022
12.45 pm - 2 pm AEDT
Can't attend on the day? Register and you'll receive the recording and slide handout so you can catch up whenever suits you.
Online via Zoom
Once you register, you will receive the Zoom link via email. Occasionally the Zoom confirmation emails can be prevented by an organisational firewall. If you haven't received the Zoom link within 1-2 days of registering please check your spam folder, contact us, or troubleshoot further.
If you are having trouble registering please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 8593 4799.