Understanding Your Not-for-profit's Constitution
About this event
The constitution (or rules) of a not-for-profit are a vital part of a well-governed organisation. It is a legal requirement that an organisation and its members follow these rules. In this webinar, we’ll guide you through the importance of your governing document and your legal obligations relating to it. We’ll use cases and examples to illustrate the key topics you’ll find in your constitution.
- What is the legal status of the constitution
- What are the key topics addressed in a not-for-profit constitution
- Practical tips for understanding and changing your constitution
- Where to find more resources to help in the future
- Opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
- 75 minutes of plain-language training from a lawyer
- Copy of webinar recording and slide presentation
- Information on further resources and support
Who should attend:
Anyone involved in a not-for-profit organisation who wants to learn more about their constitution or who is thinking about creating or changing a constitution.