About this event
Contracts are part of everyday operations for many not-for-profits. It’s important to know what issues to look out for when signing on the dotted line.
In this webinar, we’ll introduce you to the legal basics of contracting and give tips on what to think about when faced with a contract. We’ll also outline changes to laws about unfair terms and how they impact not-for-profits.
- What is, and is not, a contract
- What to think about before you contract
- Key terms to consider
- What are the consumer guarantees and how do they apply to not-for-profits?
- What are the unfair contract term protections? Who is covered? What are the recent changes?
- 75 minutes of plain-language training from a lawyer
- Copy of webinar recording (available for 30 days) and slide presentation
- Opportunity to ask the presenter questions
- Information on further resources and support
Who should attend:
Board members and staff of not-for-profit organisations who want to increase their knowledge and confidence about contracting.