About this event
Setting up a not-for-profit organisation but not sure where to start? Let us help!
Organising a new group is a key way to effect change, but taking the first steps can be daunting and confusing.
This FREE introductory webinar will help you understand the legal basics of starting a not-for-profit organisation. We’ll take you through how to set up, whether you should incorporate and which legal structure is best for you, and cover the basics on charity status and tax concessions for not-for-profits.
- Key steps when starting out
- The pros and cons of incorporation
- Legal structures
- Basics of charity status and tax concessions
- Additional resources to help with the process
- Opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
- 75 minutes of plain-language training from a lawyer
- Copy of webinar recording and slide presentation
- Information on further resources and support
Who should attend:
Staff, board members, general members and volunteers of not-for-This introductory webinar is suitable for anyone considering starting or in the early stages of setting up a not-for-profit.
Tuesday, 20 June, 12.45 - 2pm AEST
Can't attend on the day? Register and you'll receive the recording and slide handout so you can catch up whenever suits you.
Online via Zoom
Once you register, you will receive the Zoom link via email. Occasionally the Zoom confirmation emails can be prevented by an organisational firewall. If you haven't received the Zoom link within 1-2 days of registering please check your spam folder, contact us, or troubleshoot further.
If you are having trouble registering please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 8593 4799.