Social Media and the Law
About this event
Social media offers a number of benefits to not-for-profit organisations, including expanding reach, connecting people, starting conversations and growing awareness. Along with those benefits comes legal risks which, if poorly managed, can impact negatively on the organisation and its people.
In our popular social media and the law webinar, we’ll step you through some key legal risks for not-for-profit organisations that engage with social media, as well as our top tips for managing these risks.
- Legal considerations when curating content, including confidentiality and intellectual property
- Defamation laws
- Personal information and privacy issues
- How to manage social media use and content posted by others
- Top tips and further resources
- 75 minutes of plain-language training from a lawyer
- Copy of webinar recording and slide presentation
- Information on further resources and support
Who should attend:
Anyone involved in the use of social media in their not-for-profit organisation.