Starting a Social Enterprise
About this event
Are you thinking of setting up a social enterprise to tackle a social problem or wanting a refresher on the legal issues involved? Now more than ever, community organisations are recognising the important role they can play in providing innovative responses to social issues, as well as the opportunities this creates for their own financial sustainability. No matter where you are in your social enterprise journey, it’s important to understand what’s involved from a legal standpoint and to spend some time getting the foundations right.
- What is a social enterprise?
- Five things to consider when starting a social enterprise
- The different legal structures available
- Charity status and tax concessions
- 75 minutes of plain-language training from a lawyer
- Copy of webinar recording and slide presentation
- Information on further resources and support