About this event
Are you involved in the recruitment of staff and volunteers in your community organisation? Is your screening process effective and legally compliant? Do you need a refresher on Working with Children Checks and Police Checks?
Screening checks are essential to protect all those involved with your organisation: staff, volunteers, clients and members of the public.
This webinar will walk you through the basics of how to set up a screening process, what types of checks you need and updates to the law around screening.
- Key screening checks for NFPs (focusing on WWC Checks, Police Checks and the NDIS Worker Screening Check, with an overview of other relevant checks)
- Mandatory versus discretionary checks – who needs them and why?
- Common issues and top tips for how to apply for these checks
- Other issues to consider, including record-keeping, privacy and discrimination
- 75 minutes of plain-language training from a lawyer
- Copy of webinar recording (available for 30 days) and slide presentation
- Opportunity to ask the presenter questions
- Information on further resources and support
Who should attend:
- Board members or HR staff of any not-for-profit organisation that engages volunteers, employers or contractors.
Tuesday, 10 October, 12.45 - 2pm AEDT
Can't attend on the day? Register and you'll receive the recording and slide handout so you can catch up whenever suits you.
$49 - $85
Online via Zoom
Once you register, you will receive the Zoom link via email. Occasionally the Zoom confirmation emails can be prevented by an organisational firewall. If you haven't received the Zoom link within 1-2 days of registering please check your spam folder, contact us, or troubleshoot further.
If you are having trouble registering please get in touch at email@example.com or call 02 8599 2126.