About this event
Are you involved in the recruitment of staff and volunteers in your community organisation? Is your screening process effective and legally compliant? Do you need a refresher on the laws and processes around Working with Children Checks and Police Checks?
Screening checks are essential to protect all those involved with your service: staff, volunteers, clients and members of the public. This webinar will walk you through the basics of how to set up a screening process, what types of checks you need and updates to the law around screening.
- Key screening checks for NFPs (focusing on WWC Checks, Police Checks and the NDIS Worker Screening Check, with an overview of other relevant checks)
- Mandatory v discretionary checks – who needs them and why?
- Changes to screening laws and procedures
- Common issues and top tips for completion of Police Checks
- Other issues to consider, including record-keeping, privacy and discrimination
- Top tips, FAQs and further resources
What you'll receive:
- 75-minutes of plain-language training from a lawyer
- Copy of webinar recording and slide presentation (recording available for 30 days)
- Information on further resources and support
This event has passed.
$35 - $60