About this event
Are you involved in the recruitment of staff and volunteers in your community organisation? Is your screening process effective and legally compliant? Do you need a refresher on the laws and processes around Working with Children Checks and Police Checks?
Screening checks are essential to protect all those involved with your service: staff, volunteers, clients and members of the public. This webinar will walk you through the basics of how to set up a screening process, what types of checks you need and updates to the law around screening.
• Key screening checks for NFPs (focusing on WWC Checks, Police Checks and the NDIS Worker Screening Check, with an overview of other relevant checks)
• Mandatory v discretionary checks – who needs them and why?
• Changes to screening laws and procedures
• Common issues and top tips for completion of Police Checks
• Other issues to consider, including record-keeping, privacy and discrimination
• Top tips, FAQs and further resources
What you'll receive:
• 75-minutes of plain-language training from an expert lawyer
• Copy of webinar recording and slide presentation (recording available for 30 days)
• Information on further resources and support
• Opportunity to ask questions
Date and time
Tuesday, 21 June 2022
12.45 pm - 2 pm AEST
$35 - $60
Online via Zoom
Once you register, you will receive the Zoom link via email. Occasionally the Zoom confirmation emails can be prevented by an organisational firewall. If you haven't received the Zoom link within 1-2 days of registering please check your spam folder, contact us, or troubleshoot further.
If you are having trouble registering please get in touch at email@example.com or call 03 8636 4448.
Can't attend on the day? Register and you'll receive the recording and slide handout so you can catch up whenever suits you.