Privacy Obligations for Not-for-profits
About this event
Today privacy is a critical risk area facing not-for-profit boards. It’s essential that staff and volunteers understand the roles they play in managing personal information. As the federal government progresses key reforms to the Privacy Act, not-for-profit organisations need to understand their current obligations and prepare for possible changes to come.
In this webinar we’ll walk you through the personal information lifecycle, including key obligations in collecting, using and disclosing, storing and providing access to personal information – as well as how to respond to complaints and breaches.
- What privacy laws may apply to your organisation
- What are some systems to put in place to manage personal information
- How to legally collect, use, handle and store personal information
- What are the information rights for individuals – access and correction
- How to respond to a data breach
- Top tips and further resources and support
- 75 minutes of plain-language training from a lawyer
- Copy of webinar recording (available for 30 days) and slide presentation
- Opportunity to ask the presenter questions
- Information on further resources and support
Who should attend:
Staff, board members and volunteers of not-for-profit organisations.