Privacy Obligations for Not-for-profits
About this event
Cyber attacks are on the rise and not-for-profit organisations are particularly vulnerable. This webinar is a must for anyone involved in a not-for-profit organisation that wants to know more about privacy law and best practice for managing and protecting the personal information of clients, members, volunteers, and others.
With a guest presenter from Hive Legal sharing their expert insights along the way, we’ll walk you through the personal information lifecycle; from collection, through to use and disclosure, storage and access, complaints, and the data breach notification laws.
- Privacy laws that might apply to your organisation
- Systems to put in place to manage personal information
- How to legally collect, use, handle, and store personal information
- Information rights for individuals - access and correction
- Data breach notification laws
- Top tips and further resources
- 75 minutes of plain-language training from a lawyer
- Copy of webinar recording and slide presentation
- Information on further resources and support
Who should attend:
Staff, committee members and volunteers of not-for-profit organisations.