About this event
Cyber attacks are on the rise and not-for-profit organisations are particularly vulnerable. This webinar is a must for anyone involved in a not-for-profit organisation that wants to know more about privacy law and best practice for managing and protecting the personal information of clients, members, volunteers, and others.
With a guest presenter from Hive Legal sharing their expert insights along the way, we’ll walk you through the personal information lifecycle; from collection, through to use and disclosure, storage and access, complaints, and the data breach notification laws.
- Privacy laws that might apply to your organisation
- Systems to put in place to manage personal information
- How to legally collect, use, handle, and store personal information
- Information rights for individuals - access and correction
- Data breach notification laws
- Top tips and further resources
- 75 minutes of plain-language training from a lawyer
- Copy of webinar recording and slide presentation
- Information on further resources and support
Who should attend:
Staff, committee members and volunteers of not-for-profit organisations.
Tuesday, 14 March, 12.45 - 2pm AEDT
Can't attend on the day? Register and you'll receive the recording and slide handout so you can catch up whenever suits you.
Online via Zoom
Once you register, you will receive the Zoom link via email. Occasionally the Zoom confirmation emails can be prevented by an organisational firewall. If you haven't received the Zoom link within 1-2 days of registering please check your spam folder, contact us, or troubleshoot further.
Joanna works with clients in highly regulated industries, including the health, government and transport sectors. She regularly advises key players in these sectors across a broad range of issues including commercial, regulatory, privacy and consumer law.
If you are having trouble registering please get in touch at email@example.com or call 03 8593 4799.