About this event
Conflicts can be stressful. Healthy debate helps not-for-profits thrive, but if a conflict or dispute is preventing your organisation from achieving its goals, you need the tools to handle it effectively. Understanding the legal processes for handling disputes between members and with the committee will help your organisation achieve the best outcome.
In this webinar, you’ll hear about why disputes happen in not-for-profits, how to avoid them, and what the law requires of not-for-profit organisations managing conflict.
- What are some common disputes involving members and board members of not-for-profit organisations?
- Why are these disputes often so damaging?
- What processes are available to help resolve a dispute?
- How can your organisation's rules or constitution help?
- Where to go if you need more help to resolve a dispute?
- How can you prevent disputes arising in the first place?
- Opportunity to ask questions of the presenter
- 75 minutes of plain-language training from a lawyer
- Copy of webinar recording (available for 30 days) and slide presentation
- Information on further resources and support
Who should attend:
Board or committee members and senior staff in your organisation.
Tuesday, 26 March, 12.45 - 2pm AEDT
Can't attend on the day? Register and you'll receive the recording and slide handout so you can catch up whenever suits you.
Online via Zoom
Once you register, you will receive the Zoom link via email. Occasionally the Zoom confirmation emails can be prevented by an organisational firewall. If you haven't received the Zoom link within 1-2 days of registering please check your spam folder, contact us, or troubleshoot further.
If you are having trouble registering please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 8599 2126.