Financial Reporting 101
About this event
Understanding not-for-profit financial reporting is key to good decision making and complying with your overarching legal duties. In this practical webinar, we are lucky to be joined by Carol Tran from Accounting for Good, who will break down the ‘accountancy speak’, provide clarity, and empower your board and staff to understand your not-for-profits financial reports.
Accounting for Good will cover:
- Director's financial responsibilities
- Top tips for reading financial reports, including profit & loss reports, balance sheets & cash flow statements
- An overview of cash vs accrual accounting
- The importance of internal controls, checks and balances
- Budgets, financial delegations and more…
- 75-minutes of plain-language training from a chartered accountant
- Copy of webinar recording and slide presentation
- Information on further resources and support
Who should attend:
This webinar is suitable for employees and board members responsible for record keeping and financial reporting or who want to improve knowledge in this area.
This event has passed.
View our upcoming webinars.
Carol is CA qualified – she has worked in Tax and Business Services and was previously a Management Accountant for a global IT lifecycle management business. As an account manager, Carol is responsible for reviewing financial reports and improving business processes. Carol’s strengths come from her commercial background and focus on the profitability and sustainability of the client’s business. She likes to work with clear processes and systems. Watching a not for profit deliver on their goals and do the good in the community is what gets her out of bed in the morning.