Creating Positive Auspicing Relationships
About this event
Are you thinking about entering an auspicing arrangement with another group? Or are you in an auspicing arrangement already and wanting to make sure you are getting the most out of it? Auspicing can be a great way for community groups to trial a new project or program, hold a one-off event, or access funding or insurance, but it's important to understand the legal implications and responsibilities of all the parties.
- What is auspicing and when should you consider it? And what are some common auspicing arrangements?
- Who are the parties?
- What does an auspicing agreement look like? And what are the key terms your written agreement should include?
- Pros and cons for the auspicor and auspicee
- Key considerations for both parties of an auspicing arrangement (eg. privacy, intellectual property, and sharing information)
- What to do if things go wrong? What steps should you take when there is a disagreement? And where can you go for more help?
- Top tips and further resources
- 75 minutes of plain-language training from a lawyer
- Copy of webinar recording and slide presentation
- Information on further resources and support