About this training session
There are many benefits to working with other not-for-profit organisations, from accessing funding to increasing your reach in the community. When you combine forces with another group, it's important to understand the legal side of the various options available for working together, and what they might mean for your organisation.
You'll learn about:
- Differences between a memorandum of understanding (MOU), partnerships, auspicing, joint ventures, amalgamations and mergers
- Legal options available for formally working with other organisations
- Key legal issues to consider before working with another organisation
- Avoiding negative legal consequences of poorly planned arrangements
We’ll also give you top tips and additional resources to help you in the future.
Who should attend
Board, committee members and senior staff in your organisation can join this training session.
Who runs the session?
Your training will be run by one of our lawyers, who all specialise in charity and not-for-profit law.
How is this session delivered?
Our interactive sessions are currently delivered online. Face to face training is being considered on a case by case basis. Each session includes time for activities and questions, and a short break.
What is the cost?
Contact us to have a chat about our current pricing.
How long is the session?
How many people can attend?
30. If you think your group will exceed 30 participants, please let us know.