Please change your location to view this page.
This page contains content that does not match your current location
Looking for a simple, practical overview on a range of legal issues affecting community organisations?
- Your organisation’s legal purpose, structure, charity and taxation status
- Rules (or constitutions) and how to ensure they comply with the law
- Health, safety, risk and insurance considerations
- Personal information and your organisation's obligations under privacy laws
- Financial reporting and fundraising requirements
Each tip comes with links to further guides, checklists and resources to help you apply your knowledge in your community organisation.
“It was great to go to plain-language legal training (without intimidation) that gave positive messages about preventing (rather than having to deal with) legal problems” (Training Participant, Top Legal Tips for Community Organisations)
Suitable for people involved in not-fo-profit community organisations of all sizes and legal structures, including unincorporated groups
Standard length 2-3 hours (tailored to suit client)
Maximum number of participants: 30 (if you think your group will exceed 30 participants please contact us to discuss further)
Facilitator One of our lawyers with expertise in charity and not-for-profit law and experience in providing training to community groups