About this training session
Looking for a simple, practical overview on a range of legal issues affecting not-for-profit organisations? Arm yourself with our top ten essential legal tips for running a not-for-profit organisation in this 3 hour training session.
Our lawyers will cover the questions we get asked most regularly by not-for-profit organisations.
You'll learn about:
- Your organisation’s legal purpose, structure, charity and taxation status
- Rules (or constitutions) and how to ensure they comply with the law
- Health, safety, risk and insurance considerations
- Personal information and your organisation's obligations under privacy laws
- Financial reporting and fundraising requirements
Each tip comes with links to further guides, checklists and resources to help you apply your knowledge in your not-for-profit.
Who should attend
Those involved in not-for-profit organisations of all sizes and legal structures, including unincorporated groups
Who runs the session?
Your training will be run by one of our lawyers, who all specialise in charity and not-for-profit law.
How is this session delivered?
Our interactive sessions are currently delivered online. Face to face training is being considered on a case by case basis. Each session includes time for activities and questions, and a short break.
What is the cost?
Not-for-profit Organisations: From $1,930
Council/Government: From $2,200
These are baseline costs only. Additional costs for significantly customised content, travel or sessions outside of business hours may apply.
How long is the session?
How many people can attend?
30. If you think your group will exceed 30 participants, please let us know.