On this page
What are your legal obligations when recruiting employees?
Our fact sheet provides information about your not-for-profit community organisation’s legal rights and obligations throughout the recruitment process.
This fact sheet covers:
- an overview of the recruitment process
- anti-discrimination and consumer law considerations in recruitment
- screening checks, and
- privacy considerations
Discrimination in recruiting employees
Discrimination issues can arise when recruiting employees. It’s important to understand these issues and how to avoid them during the recruitment process.
Our fact sheet includes information on:
- what is discrimination?
- do the anti-discrimination laws apply to your organisation?
- when is discrimination lawful?
- best practice tips to avoid complaints of discrimination in employment or offering employment, and
- complaint processes
The content on this webpage was last updated in March 2022 and is not legal advice. See full disclaimer and copyright notice.