Please change your location to view this page.
This page contains content that does not match your current location
IT agreements are often vitally important to not-for-profits. Common IT agreements include:
- software licences
- web-hosting agreements
- cloud services agreements
- database management agreements
- internet service agreements, and
- telephone or other communication agreements.
There are some specific legal issues that arise with IT agreements, especially when an Australian organisation is entering an agreement with a provider overseas.
It is always important to read the terms of the agreement. Issues to look out for include:
- rolling contracts (where if you sign up for one year, the contract will automatically renew unless you give notice)
- overseas providers - this can mean if you have an issue with your service, it can be harder to enforce your rights under the contract
- indemnities and limitations of liability, and
- data security and compliance with Australian privacy laws.
ImproveIT features resources to help community and health organisations understand information and communication technology.