About this training session
In the upcoming training session for volunteer-involving organisations, a lawyer from Justice Connect will cover the legal basics around your safety obligations, how to manage risk and important things to note about insurance.
You'll learn about:
- Why safety is so important
- The ‘duty of care’ your organisation owes its volunteers
- Legal responsibility for the actions of volunteers
- Work health and safety duties
- Child safety requirements
- Risk management processes
- Volunteer insurance
- Top tips and additional resources to help you in the future
Who runs the session?
Your training will be run by one of our experienced lawyers, who all specialise in charity and not-for-profit law. Our lawyers run interactive sessions, in plain language – with no legal jargon.
18 October, 10am - 1pm
Online via Zoom. We’ll send you all the details when you register.
Plus, you’ll receive a copy of the recording (available for 14 days) and slides.