Please change your location to view this page.
This page contains content that does not match your current location
Please note you will receive a confirmation from Zoom 1-2 days after you register which will include the link to access the webinar and the password. You will also receive reminder emails with this information one week, one day and one hour prior to the webinar.
Are you involved in the recruitment of staff and volunteers in your community organisation? Is your screening process effective and legally compliant? Do you need a refresher on the laws and processes around Working with Children Checks and Police Checks?
Screening checks are essential to protect all those involved with your service: staff, volunteers, clients and members of the public. This webinar will walk you through the basics of how to set up a screening process, what types of checks you need and updates to the law around screening.
What we’ll cover:
- Key screening checks for NFPs (focusing on WWC Checks, Police Checks and the NDIS Worker Screening Check, with an overview of other relevant checks)
- Mandatory v discretionary checks – who needs them and why?
- Changes to screening laws and procedures
- Common issues and top tips for completion of Police Checks
- Other issues to consider, including record-keeping, privacy and discrimination
- Top tips, FAQs and further resources
What you’ll receive:
- 75-minutes of plain-language training from an expert lawyer
- Copy of webinar recording and slide presentation (recording available for 30 days)
- Opportunity to submit questions
- Information on further resources and support
Any organisation which engages employees or volunteers.
Cost: $30 - $50
If your organisation is unable to cover the webinar fee or if you're having trouble registering please get in touch at email@example.com or call 03 8636 4448.
This is an online event - access details for the webinar will be sent by email before the event.
Here's what past participants said about our webinars
“Very practical guidance and lots of access to resources and links etc to help in the future!”
“Webinars make it a lot more convenient and I would definitely recommend others to attend your webinars.”
“Really clear, concise and accessible information. Thank you!”
If you have any questions or you're having trouble registering please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Justice Connect will use this information to register your attendance for the webinar, to distribute content (such as the webinar materials) and receive feedback after the event. Justice Connect may use de-identified information provided to promote its services, raise funds or to advocate for improvements to the law or services that affect its clients. We will not disclose your personal information without your consent, except where required to do so by law.