Please change your location to view this page.
This page contains content that does not match your current location
Does your community organisation need a governance refresh in 2021? In 2021, Not-for-profit Law is offering eligible organisations a free Governance Health Check.
What are the benefits?
The Health Check is free and confidential and will help your organisation and board:
- stay on top of legal and governance obligations
- manage risk and embed good governance practices improve skills, knowledge and confidence to identify and deal with legal issues, and
- avoid penalties.
Is my organisation eligible?
Your organisation may be eligible for a free Governance Health Check if
- If your organisation currently receives funding from the NSW Department of Communities and Justice, then it may be eligible for a free Governance Health Check.
What is governance?
Governance is the framework for how your organisation operates. It is the rules and processes with which the people responsible for running the organisation can ensure transparent, accountable and sound management.
Governance includes your:
- constitution, or ‘rules’
- designated responsibilities (who does what)
- meetings processes (including board meetings and Annual General Meetings), and
- policies and procedures that guide the day-to-day operations of the organisation and its staff and volunteers.
What do I need?
- 20 minutes to complete the questionnaire
- A copy of your rules/constitution
- Knowledge of your organisation’s governance, including:
- your organisation's financials
- the operation of your organisation's board
- the personnel working at your organisation
- your organisation's policies and procedures
- Details about your organisation (e.g. legal structure, ABN, details of charity status)
- Authority to register on behalf of your board
How does my organisation sign up?
For organisations that currently receive funding from the NSW Department of Communities and Justice, register your interest through the form below.