Please change your location to view this page.
This page contains content that does not match your current location
A well-governed organisation is an effective organisation. Our friendly and experienced lawyers are providing FREE Governance Health Checks to Victorian community groups. Spots are limited, so get in quick!
- Show funders you run a tight ship
- Increase efficiency
- Stay on top of legal obligations
- Avoid penalties
- Build skills, knowledge and confidence
What is on offer?
Not-for-profit Law is offering FREE Governance Health Checks to Victorian not-for-profit organisations. Our Governance Health Check is a free and confidential program to help improve governance systems and processes within your not-for-profit organisation.
Participants will receive targeted recommendations to make sure that you are meeting obligations in areas like reporting to government, running meetings, record keeping and rules/constitution.
The Governance Health Check involves 3 steps:
- Your not-for-profit organisation completes an online questionnaire
- Our lawyers analyse your answers and look at the laws that specifically apply to your not-for-profit
- You receive clear and targeted recommendations to help you on your way to good governance!
Who can participate?
The Governance Health Check is open to Victorian incorporated not-for-profit organisations. This includes Incorporated Associations and Companies Limited by Guarantee.
We have limited spots available, and preference will be given to small-medium organisations that have public interest objectives – if you work towards helping marginalised or disadvantaged people, building stronger and more connected communities or positive outcomes for the environment, we’d love to hear from you!
We will update this page when legal health check spots are filled up.
What will I need?
- 10-20 minutes to complete the questionnaire
- A copy of your rules/constitution*
- Knowledge of your organisations governance and details about your organisation (ie legal structure, ABN, details of charity status)
- Authority to register on behalf of your organisation
Sounds great! How do I register?
If you would like to participate, use this link to complete the online questionnaire and register your organisation for the Governance Health Check:
What are the next steps?
Once you have completed the questionnaire, we will be in touch with your organisation within 2-3 weeks.
Please note that in some very limited circumstances we are not able to provide services to community organisations. If this is the case we will discuss alternatives to the Governance Health Check with your organisation.
Thank you for participating!
If you require assistance completing this form or would like to discuss the Governance Health Check process, please contact Jacob Wood (Lawyer) on email@example.com